Minerva, established twenty five years ago, is a small business engaged in the specialist repair and conservation of historic stone and plasterwork.
We mainly work in Wessex, but undertake church monument conservation work throughout the UK and abroad. Recently Minerva formed part of a team of UK-based advisors that visited Russia on an exchange visit to the Society of the Village Church. Our lifelong interest in the landscape and its manipulation by man has given us a rare understanding of the building techniques, vernacular style and building materials of South West & Southern Britain. We always welcome enquiries for smaller projects from private individuals.
What we do:
- Stonemasonry, stonecarving and conservation
- All aspects of working in lime,
- Lime plastering, lime pointing, mortar repairs.
- Cleaning of and pollutant removal from architectural stonework
- Leadwork and roofing.
- Oil-gilding, painting and decorating.
Here are some photos of our projects. Click on an image to see it in full size on our Flickr page.